Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Recycling: How To Make Hats Out Of A Dress

how-to-make-hats
HOLLY HOBBIE 1.jpg
 Holly Hobbie Dress Style


The summer is coming and my four years old daughter had asked me to make her a summer hat.


I couldn’t find the right fabric for that project at home, so, I’ve decided to take one of her unused Holly Hobbie's dresses and recycle it.

how-to-make-hats
I knew I was going to need another piece of fabric for the lining of the hat, so, I took a remainder of a tablecloth, which I had been saving exactly for that kinds of occasions. I just love to see an old garment becomes new again…

I loved the buttons back of the dress so I used it for decorating the top of the hat. I’ve always been exciting by little details. 


This hat is a little big for my daughter's head, big  enough to hold any hair style, and also protect her from the sun.  





how-to-make-hats
how-to-make-hats

I didn’t use flizelin this time, but I usually do, it helps stabilizing the fabric before sewing.
It was fun to sew, I must do it again soon!
how-to-make-hats
Download Hat Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...